- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I really enjoyed The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (my review) and have been meaning to read the sequel for quite a while.
- The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
I loved the first two books in this trilogy and I think I'm pretty satisfied with them. With that being said, after reading the reviews for this last book, I'll probably not be reading it. Better to stop reading it when it was on a higher note.
- One-Punch Man, Vol. 1 by ONE (Story) and Yusuke Murata (Illustrator)
One-Punch Man is one of my favourite manga series. So far the English publisher has not released a print copy, only digital (I really wish they'd release print copies already!?). So this one is the Japanese edition. Definitely recommend this series, it's freakin hilarious!
- Skip Beat! (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4: Includes vols. 10, 11 & 12 by Yoshiki Nakamura
- Skip Beat! (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 5: Includes vols. 13, 14 & 15 by Yoshiki Nakamura
It was my birthday in August and my sister got me two volumes of another one of my favourite manga series - Skip Beat!. Another series I highly recommend with the main character being the best female character I've seen. I also recommend these editions, they're the price of one volume but have three volumes in them.
A manga series about a school were everyone is a clone of a famous historical figure. I've been wanting to read this for quite a while. Not sure how it'll turn out though.
- Wolfsbane by Gillian Philip
Still haven't read the first book, Rebel Angels, but this series looks pretty intriguing.
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
Lately Stiefvater's characters are very unpleasant. She's also using extreme violence, swearing, and abuse of drugs - which to me comes off like she thinks that's cool. Did she forget she's writing young adult? My opinions for The Raven Boys and The Dreams Thieves have changed greatly after I went and looked through them again. Anyway, I'll probably be reading Sinner, but I don't have high hopes for it.
- The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
This sounds like it could be fun, but it does sound like a rip-off of Harry Potter. I think the first book is going to be a lot like Harry Potter and then as the series continues it's going to derive from it.
- John Diamond by Leon Garfield