April 15, 2012

In My Mailbox (39)

In My Mailbox is a weekly memo hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren:

Review:

  • Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers (Thanks to Thomas Allen & Son)
Absolutely loved it! Check out my review here.
  • Croak by Gina Damico (Thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Can't wait to start this one! Soul reapers, sounds like it can get good! 
I loved the first book, Thief's Covenant so I can't wait to see what happens next in another one of Widdershins' adventures! Make sure to check out my review for Thief's Covenant here.
  • Ascend by Amanda Hocking (Thanks to St. Martin's Griffin)  
Whoops, sorry forgot to take the picture of the book, too tired to feel like doing it now. The last book in the Trylle trilogy, of course I'd be excited for this one!

Ebooks

Loved Kagawa's Iron Fey series so I'm wondering what she has next in store for us in this new series.
This sounds like an interesting collection of stories plus I loved Stiefvater's books and Yovanoff's The Space Between.
Every month Hyperion will put two books of the Artemis Fowl series on NetGalley, until book 8 - the final book in the series. Best part is you don't need to even request, as long as you have a NetGalley account you can just instantly read it!

Bought:
    A Season of Eden and Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

    Both of these were free on Amazon Kindle.

    Spring Gift Exchange:


    Both these where gifted to me from my exchangee in the Spring Book Exchange hosted by Ruby's Reads. So huge thanks to Mandi at Never Too Fond of Books, I so badly wanted both these. And I loved, LOVED the Soulless Manga - look out for a review soon! Has anybody read Gail Carriger's actual book series, if you have, what did you think?

    I also received these bookplates from Susan Dennard. I can't wait for her book. Something Strange and Deadly to be released.

    9 comments:

    1. Awesome haul! I, too, got Grave Mercy this week. And I also took advantage of the free Jennifer Laurens books. Love her! Enjoy!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome haul! I want Overprotected, Grave Mercy and Croak so badly. lol. Enjoy your reads! =D

      Drop by my IMM?
      http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. I loved the Immortal Rules, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. I don't know the others but I hope you'll like them all!

      My IMM

      ReplyDelete
    4. What a great selection of books! I have read Gail Carriger's series and loved it. I especially loved the first book because it was so different. I have the Soulless manga on my stack too. Grave Mercy is on the stack too. I just read The Immortal Rules and loved it.

      My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I just started The Immortal Rules this morning and It's pretty good so far. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

      http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-30.html

      ~Paige @ Comfort Books

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great set! I adored Immortal Rules. I'm reading Grave Mercy right now and loving it.
      My IMM

      ReplyDelete
    7. Omg so many awesome books! I can't wait to read Immortal Rules! Grave Mercy was sooo good I agree :D Thanks for stopping by hun :D

      ------
      Giselle from booknerd.ca
      In My Mailbox

      ReplyDelete
    8. Grave Mercy!!! Looks soooo good! I need a copy of it myself! Also, Ascend and The Immortal Rules were both fantastic! And Artemis Fowl! Okay, I'm done fangirling. Enjoy your reads!

      ReplyDelete