June 23, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (3)


A meme hosted by Tynga reviews where we share all the books we received during the week.

 Bought: 
Found this used for only $4, and it's a pretty big hardcover! I love the hardcover covers so much more than the paperback versions:

 Review: 
Can't wait to read this, it sounds so good! This was my most anticipated book of all Strange Chemistry's releases!

Library: 
I'm having a marathon until the eighth and last book in the Artemis Fowl series is out in July! I already own the first book (which I read and reviewed here!) and the fourth (yeah, I know, weird that I have the fourth when I should have the second - long story). I also grabbed the graphic novels of the first two books in the series while I was at it.

I already read and own the first Maximum Ride Manga and thought it was high time I should read the rest. Now when I think about it, I also might have a marathon for the Maximum Ride novel series, the last book will be out in August!

Won:  
I won the book, totebag, notebook, signed bookmarks, fan, and crime scene tape over at Diana Renn's blog! I love manga, anime and everything about Japan so I think I might really enjoy this one. Plus, I'm tired of reading all these series, a stand-alone once in a while is a good thing.

Freebies:  
  • Irises by Francisco X. Stork (Author), Carrington MacDuffie (Narrator)
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Author), Wanda McCaddon (Narrator)
Every week SYNC will be releasing a young adult and classic audio book for free! This week it's the YA novel Irises and the classic novel Sense and Sensibility. You can get both of them here. To see a schedule of all the SYNC downloads for the upcoming weeks, go here.

Weekly Recap:



Hope everyone enjoyed their week! Please leave your Stacking the Shelves, IMM, or whatever book haul links down in the comments! :)

13 comments:

  1. I´m currently reading Artemis Fowl, I´m also having a marathon before the 8th book of the series is released.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got so much stuff! I remember seeing an ad for Tokyo Heist earlier but I never actually read it. I hope you enjoy it though! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a haul! I was told I had to read Maximum Ride so I hope to get to it soon.

    Happy Reading!
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some haul! Which reminds me that I need to read the second Maximum Ride book...

    Thanks for stopping by my STS & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Tokyo Heist. Can't wait to hear if that one is good; I love anime as well! Artemis Fowl is one of my favorite childhood series so I am so, so excited for the last one. A marathon is a really good idea; it's been years! So I might join you on that. :)

    Thanks for the great heads-up about SYNC freebies! I've never tried audiobooks so this is perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome! i love the Tokyo Heist swag you got! :D And ooh, the Max Ride mangas! I only read the first one I think- must read the rest soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, some great books. You won a lot too.

    Great haul, have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome books this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Tokyo Heist giveaway is awesome! I hope you love all your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh wow, I hadn't seen the anime covers for Maximum Ride yet! Cool! Lucky - Tokyo Heist! Awesome! Hope you enjoy all your new reads! <3
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Artemis Fowl and Maximum Ride! I think both of those series are overlooked too often!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete