April 19, 2014

March 2014 Haul

Review:
Really love the art for this picture book! I'll be reading it soon.
I've never heard anything about this series. If you've read the first book, Songs of Earth, what did you think?
I still need to read the first book, A Natural History of Dragons, but I'm excited to start it. I've also recently done an interview with the author, which will be posted soon.
The cover is gorgeous! I've already finished reading the book. It was a fun and light read with a pretty setting, but it had no story to speak of. Review will be up soon.
  • Starling by Fiona Paul (Thanks to Penguin Canada)
Recently finished reading Belladonna (review will be posted soon), a really fun read. Excited to see how this series ends.
  • Tribute by Ellen Renner (Thanks to Penguin Canada)
Sounds like a really interesting fantasy, plus it seems it's a stand alone!

I loved Clarke's The Assassin's Curse (my review) and its sequel, The Pirate's Wish (my review). This is the first book in a duology that's set in the same world, but about different characters. I'm also on the blog tour. My date is April 28, so look out for that!
  • Feather Bound by Sarah Raughley (Thanks to NetGalley and Strange Chemistry)
This has a gorgeous cover and it's about swan maidens I think.
The first in a new fantasy series that sounds really good.
I've been wanting to read more contemporaries. 
I still need to read the 2nd and 3rd books in this series. Not sure when I'll be picking this series up again though.
Still need to read The Immortal Rules, but Kagawa's books are always fun reads.

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul - Cooper and Brennan are both on my must-read list.

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we share a lot of books in common! I need to pick up those Marie Brennan books this year before I get too far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and i have to say i adore the header art on your blog! I recently just finished The Ring in the Crown. Very interesting direction the author decides to go with the characters, I'm curious to see how you break each one of them down.

    ReplyDelete